The National Dizzy and Balance Center offers telemedicine for its clients that are outside the Twin Cities Metro Area. An initial work up will still be completed in office, but this option allows for the client to perform physical therapy sessions remotely avoiding a lengthy drive to NDBC, while still ensuring the highest quality of care. NDBC does require follow up with the physician and physical therapist after 6 weeks to ensure proper progress. All sessions will be performed over Doxy.me, a HIPPA compliant video software program. Upon determination of qualification for the program, NDBC will issue instructions on setting up this program at your home location. All paper communication, including a home program, will be done via the patient portal, which the patient is required to sign up for. All copays will be billed on a monthly basis.
Qualifications for the Telemedicine program:
- Distance > 1 hour from closest NDBC facility
- Not at a risk for falling as established by NDBC Physical Therapy
- Registration in NDBC patient portal
- Access to high quality internet via phone, tablet, or computer
- Diagnosis of the following:
- Vestibular Migraine
- Unilateral Hypofunction
- Persistent Postural-Perceptual Dizziness (3PD)
- Motion Sensitivity
- Post Concussive Syndrome – Chronic
If you are interested in the Telehealth option, please call us to schedule your visit 952-345-3000.
To read more about our HIPAA compliant video software click here